Call for papers
Both papers and posters are welcomed to be presented at the workshop.
A poster session of 1.5 hours will be foreseen in the programme.
Topics for the conference include but are not limited to:
- From aerial photo to declassified satellite images: the study of landscape over time by means of historical data source
- From visual data interpretation to semiautomatic and automatic procedures in an archaeological perspective
- Remote sensing, GIS and geospatial analysis for the risk monitoring and management of cultural resources
- Integration of space/air borne and ground remote sensing in archaeogeophysics
- The “LiDAR revolution” for site discovery and the reconstruction of historical landscapes
- SAR and high resolution optical satellite imagery for palaeoenvironmental applications
- Interactions between environment and human civilizations in the past: which approach by using remote sensing?
- Geographic information and earth observation technologies for the protection and management of cultural resources in emerging countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America
- Tools and ideas for creating a platform to share knowledge and data.
Abstract Submission Instructions
If you are interested to contribute, please send us a short abstract using the EARSeL Conference Management System. Follow the guidelines as stated there. In case of any problem, please contact .
- an abstract of maximum 500 words, written in English
- submission: no later than March 15, 2012
- notic of acceptance: no later than Apr 15, 2012
Full Paper Submission Instructions
If your abstract has been accepted, please submit the full paper using the EARSeL Conference Management System. Follow the guidelines as stated there. In case of any problems, please contact .
- no later than the beginning of the workshop
Please send us an abstract first (see above) using the EARSeL Conference Management System.
If your poster has been accepted (april 1, 2012), use the following guidelines for your layout:
- Orientation: Portait
- Dimensions: A0 (Width: 70cm x Height: 100cm)
- text in English
Time for oral presentation will be 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the final number of contributions. For each session 15 minutes of final discussion will be held. It is recommendable that the total number of slides for each power point presentation be around 15.
Submission of abstracts: March 15, 2012
Notification of acceptance: April 15, 2012
Finished programme: May 1, 2012
Submission of full papers: Workshop (Sept 19, 2012)